By the time of its dedication in 1943, the face and facilities of the Moberly Airport had greatly changed. Taxiways and runways were rock-based and surfaced with asphalt. The longest runway was nearly a mile in length.
Old hangers and taxiways were removed and a new hangar with space for an engine shop (never used as such) was built and connected by a taxiway for planes from the intersection of the runways. All objects between runways were removed and the field seeded with grass.
On February 4, 1961, Moberly voters approved a $62,999 bond proposal for the Airport’s latest improvements. Previously, a proposal had been defeated. Most of the work was completed by 1963. The remainder was finished in 1964.
General Omar N. Bradley was an honored guest when the airport was rededicated on April 26, 1964, with the inauguration of service by Ozark Air Lines Service. With Ozark came Moberly’s first air mail and passenger service.