Oakland Cemetery has a total of 14 additions. Three areas of the older section of the Cemetery were subdivided for additional burial lots in 2003. A road was constructed in the 3rd Addition to improve access to this area as well. Lots in this new addition are currently for sale, and cost $500 per space. This addition, known as the 14th addition to Oakland Cemetery is the largest addition, with a total of 2,530 spaces.
The Oakland Cemetery Sexton is Austin Cundiff. Austin can be reached by calling 660-998-0132.
Information regarding the Oakland Cemetery, or to inquire about the purchase of a lot can be had by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 660-269-7653.
Sales & Statistics
Twenty-nine lots were sold in 2020. There were 63 burials in 2020.
Prices below are in the following order: Weekdays, Weekends, Holidays
- Standard Grave Opening: $575 / $700 / $700
- Urn Opening: $175 / $200 / $225
- Infant Grave Opening: $225 / $250 / $275
- Click here for additional prices and disinterment fees
$30 burial permit required
**There shall not be an opening fee for an urn placed at the same time a monument or headstone is installed
- Carter Memorials: Monument purchase and setting.
- 660-263-4700 (Tim Carter)
- Moberly Wilbert Vault: 660-263-1213 (Mary)
Carter Memorials: 660-263-4700 (Tim Carter)
- All Lots will be sold based on the fee of $500.00 per burial space.Click for more information regarding sales. Lots are sold as a whole, so a lot must be purchased as a whole. No partial lot sales are allowed. There are 1 space lots in the 14th Addition.
- All Lots for infants will be sold based on the fee of $25.00 per burial space in the are known as Baby Land in various lots in the 5th Addition. Click here for more information regarding infant burial spaces.
- D&L Trenching: Danny Koenig – (660) 651-6928
- D&L Trenching: Sherry Cross – firstname.lastname@example.org